PE and Sport Premium
In March 2013, the Prime Minister announced a package of funding for PE and Sport in Primary Schools. As a result, primary schools have been given a ‘Sports Premium’ funding to develop Physical Education and school sports. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
As a school we must spend the additional funding on improving our provision of PE and sport. We have had the freedom to choose how we feel our money is best spent.
The funding was calculated by the number of primary aged children between the ages of 5 and 11 years. All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils received a lump sum of £8000, plus a premium of £5 per pupil
The funding allocation changed in 2017. The funding was doubled. £1600, plus a premium of £10 per pupil. The link below ill take you to the current years spending guidance and allocations for 2022-2023
- To improve the provision and teaching of P.E at Snape Wood Primary and Nursery School.
- Increase the levels of participation in physical activity.
- Increase the level of participation in extra-curricular activities.
- To provide a range of extra-curricular activities
- Develop competitive sport
- Promote healthy lifestyles
UK Government website
PE and sport premium for primary schools.